Gazley Nipper Programme
The RBSLSC runs a great Nipper programme during the summer holidays for children aged 5 to 14*. Sessions are held every day except public holidays and some weekends. The season starts on late December and ends after Wellington Anniversary weekend.
Nippers is a fun introduction to surf skills and water safety for children. At Riversdale Beach we have a team of trained Nipper coaches and lifeguards that run the sessions. Apart from being a great introduction to surf lifesaving, it is a great way for children to meet others and to build their confidence.
Children are encouraged to take part in the annual Nipper carnival which is usually held on Wellington Anniversary weekend. They will be taught the skills required for this during the Nipper sessions such as beach flags and board skills.
Details for 2023/2024
Our coaches this season are:
- Nipper coordinator: Jane Tiley
- Head coach: Jack Ritchie
- Team leaders: Sydney Devine, Millie Devine
- Nipper coaches: Bella Betham, Charlie Matthews, Ruby Ritchie, Jake Townsend, Mila Townsend, Lucy Wyeth, Lauren Gordon-Crosby, Charlotte Betham
- Volunteer coaches: Harrison Walker
Nippers will be held on the following days:
- Week One: Wednesday 27th to Saturday 30th December
- Week Two: Wednesday 3rd January to Saturday 6th January
- Week Three: Monday 8th January to Friday 2th January
- Week Four: Monday 15th January to Friday 19th January
We will be running the same age group format again this year. Details are below.
- Nippers – School year 1 and 2 – 9.00am to 10.00am
- Nippers – School year 3 and 4 – 10.00am to 11.00am
- Nippers – School year 5 and 6 – 11.30am to 12.30pm
- Cadets – School year 7, 8 and 9 – 12.30pm to 1.30pm
Registrations will open online from 1 December. Please ensure that you login to the website and register well ahead of time – at least the day before attending. Keep an eye out for our email notifying you that registrations are open.
If you have any problems registering online, please pop in to the club any time from 8.00am on 28 December.
All Nippers are must wear the following:
- A club rash top
- A club bucket hat (for all beach activities)
- A club swimming cap (for all water activities)
Rash tops can be ordered as part of the registration process. The club bucket hats and swimming caps are a new requirement. Bucket hats will be provided as part of your registration fee. Swimming caps will be handed out daily. Please pop into the club from 8.00am on 27 December to pick up rash tops that you have ordered online.
Our club administrator Izzy Pou will be available at the club on weekdays from 8.00am to 12.00pm.
This year you can choose to register for the full season or selected weeks. The fees are as follows;
- Weekly registration – $35 per child/per week (this includes cost of the club bucket hat)
- Full season – $65 per child (this includes cost of the club bucket hat)